Some front-end work

I got a 1/25 scale model of the Batpod today, which is super handy cause that is 1/10th the size of the 2/5 scale I’m making, so I can measure stuff on the model, multiply by 10, and that’s how big it should be for my scale.

First off, here’s the pivot area of the chassis on the actual batpod, so the parts I’m making will make more sense.

I finished the main tube pivot pieces:

Then I started on working on the box that connects the front “fork” tube to the pivot point. The green metal is some old brackets I had laying around, so I used them to save myself a few welds and to have 4 of the 8 edges be nice smooth edges. Need a lot of grinding cleanup, and some bondo smoothing down the road.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s